Thursday 17 June 2010

Reflection

I have learned that in publication, layout design is as important as content as they complement each other to help deliver messages effectively. Having this in mind, I will use information value to present different meanings, create importance with saliency and to connect and disconnect elements with framing in my future documents. (Kress & van Leuween 1998)

As I always blog about my short film production, I have now learnt to write things the way my readers would understand. I must connect with my readers through their situational and cultural context. I also must write carefully when writing critiques as so to avoid offending, discriminating or misinforming my readers.

Design theories are also incorporated in my production blog where I used information value, saliency and framing for easy navigation and reading. I have lots of images to compliment what I write as readers do like to see more of whats happening than reading!

Before I end this post, IPD has taught me a lot and have taught me well. I have learnt a lot of things that will be put in to my future works.

No comments:

Post a Comment